Summer Series 2014 Information
The Rudyard Results are out. Please email e&o to
The Final Overall Rankings have now been calculated. See the 'Hot Links' menu on the LHS to see them.
We will enter the race times in due course.
Some people are still filling out new forms for each race and effectively re-entering the series. If you wish your results to count, you must keep your original number.
The Summer Series pages including the results for all the races for this and previous years can be found by following the 'Summer Series' links in the 'Hot Links' menu at the left hand side of the site. Just follow through to the page you are looking for. Some of the pages will also appear in the 'Latest News' section at the top of the front page.
Technical T-shirt clarification
It is not possible to buy a T-shirt or 'technical top' outright. You must run 7 races for a T-shirt (with possible £5 upgrade to a technical top), or 9 races to win a technical top (with no extra fee required).
Technical tops upgrades are NOT available for Fun Run competitors, though they will qualify for one by completing all the races.
The standard position is that if you run 7 or more races, you will qualify for a cotton top, and if you run all 9 races you will get a technical top. If you run all 9 races, you do not get a cotton T-shirt too.
Would everyone who has paid their £5 'upgrade' fee for the tech-top please make themselves known at the next sign-on. Many thanks.
Please note that we no longer run these races under the UKA rules ... We now affiliate to "The Association of Running Clubs".
Info and location maps can be downloaded here.
Please email all questions, issues etc. to the address below.
- Again there will only be 9 races this year, due to problems with venues and finding enough Race Directors. Series pre-entry prices have been adjusted accordingly.
- Juniors must run in the correct category for their age. They must be at least 11 years old on the date of the first race. The race calculation will automatically delete them from the results if they are too young.
- There will be the possibility of upgrading the T-shirt to a so-called 'technical' shirt, which will be of a nice wicking material which we hope you can wear as you run and train, rather than just use for the gardening (you wouldn't!).
- Presentation after final race - There will be a wedding 'do' at the Rudyard Hotel at the weekend after our race, and the hotel is unable to offer us a room for the presentation as usual. We looked at moving the race to the following week and discovered yet another wedding! We even looked at alternative venues for the presentaion, but ruled them out for varing reasons. The hotel will provide us with a gazebo for the presentation in the garden, but not a guarantee of good weather. Please bring coats and brollys, just in case.
Don't forget to retain your number for each race in the series. You need to check in each race, but please do not fill out another race entry form.
All questions and queries re. the Summer Series should be addressed to
We will be encouraging on-line entries this time around to avoid form filling on the night. We will not be collecting fees online, but getting the paper work out of the way saves a lot of effort both on the night and also for the results processing.
Online entry is now available.
Please pre-enter the races here.
All races start at 7.15pm except for Tittesworth and Shutlingsloe, which start at 7.30pm. Junior races and Fun Run race order varies by venue and at the discretion of the race organiser.
- SMAC members must be 'paid up' in order to qualify for the 'club rate' entry fee. You will be asked to pay the 'unaffiliated' rate if the Membership Secretary has not received your subs by the first race.
- Non-SMAC runners must produce their current Club Membership card in order to qualify for the 'affiliated' rate. If you cannot do this, you will be asked to pay the 'unaffiliated' rate.
The schedule of races is as follows:
||Sat Nav / Info
||ST13 8SN - nearby Lazy Trout public house
| 7.30pm start - Bring fly repellent - Industrial grade!
|| New Venue - Details to be provided
We would like to hear from volunteers who would be willing to help the 'Race Finishers'. Please contact
if you can help.